Peace through victory - the American way.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Governator Caves.

"Team Schwarzenegger" sent the following email to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's supporters after his electoral defeat on Tuesday. It's sad. The Terminator has gone from Kindergarten Cop to Kindergarten Kid. This is a politician humbled.

-tdr

Here's the governor's letter:

I want to thank the people of California.

Whether you voted for our reforms or against them, I thank you for your conscientious consideration. We have fought the good fight.

We did not lose anything we already had; we simply did not gain anything new except a lesson or two. The lesson of this campaign is that the people want us to reform government by fighting less and working together more.

The voters have said, Arnold, go back to Sacramento and solve the problems by working with the legislature. I hear you. So, that is what I intend to do. I will carry out the will of the people. Because the people of California have always been my partners. They are the reason I am here. And when they speak, I listen.

The campaign is now behind us. The Democratic and Republican leadership and I will meet together Thursday to find a common ground. We are going to talk about reforms and how to move the state forward. I ask them to bring to the meeting new ideas for making California better. As I always say the bigger, the more radical the idea the better I like it.

After the meeting I will leave for China on a trade mission. China is the largest growing market in the world, and I want to increase California's business with China, because it will mean jobs for our people and revenues for our state.

And when I return from Asia, we will get down to business. We have so much to do in rebuilding our infrastructure. We need more roads, more schools, more hospitals, more teachers, more police, more energy and more water.

And I recognize we also need more bipartisan cooperation to make it all happen. Californians believe the state is on the wrong track. They want reform. They want change. But it is clear they are tired of the fighting and the ads.

I feel the same today as that night two years ago when I was elected.

With all my heart, I want to do the right thing for the people of California. I feel so honored and privileged to be your governor. I feel so honored and privileged to serve you. I will continue to work as hard as I can to make you proud of me.

Thank you for your warm support.

Sincerely,


Arnold Schwarzenegger

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home