Peace through victory - the American way.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bush Decreed, Millions Freed.

In the bumper sticker world of American politics "Bush Decreed, Millions Freed" is the best answer to "Bush lied, thousands died." And this exchange between the President and an Iraqi Kurdish woman about the liberation of Iraq is priceless (here):
"Q Hello, Mr. President. I am an American Iraqi Kurd. I would like to salute you and salute all the troops are freeing 27 million people. They are free. (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you.

Q Mr. President, I would like to share this thought with all our nation and everybody who is questioning what happened to the chemical weapons. Saddam burned 4,500 villagers. I lost more than 10 members of my family under the ground. We found their bones after, when we freed Iraq. Saddam, himself, and his people, his followers, they are chemical weapons. Please stop questioning the administration and their decision. It was the best decision anybody could take. Freeing 27 million people. (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT: Okay, this is a question and answer period.

Q Mr. President --

THE PRESIDENT: I hate to cut you off. You're on a roll, but what's the question?

Q Mr. President, all I could tell you, I have two members of my family, they are in the Iraqi parliament. And both of them are women. My sister-in-law and my aunt, they are in the Iraqi parliament. And I would like you to share this happiness with me and with all the Iraqi people. Thank you, Mr. President. (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. And here's my message -- here's my message to your relatives in the Iraqi parliament: Work to form a unity government, a government that includes the minorities in the country -- a Shia, Kurd, and Sunni -- no, no, no -- (laughter) -- no, no. (Laughter.) Thank you -- laughter.)

Q My husband is Sunni. My mother-in-law was a Christian, Catholic --

THE PRESIDENT: All right -- (laughter.)

Q I have two kids --

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you. Got a question? Only in America. Hold on. (Laughter.)"

Since September 11, 2001, when the forces of fascism hit the American mainland, our country, under President Bush's leadership has overturned a theocratic fascist regime and a secular fascist regime. What most critics of our government's liberation strategy fail to grasp is that overturning fascist dictatorships is a root-causes approach to fighting terrorism. Dictatorships create terrorists and terrorists rely on dictatorships for their support. Freeing millions is fighting terrorism.

Whatever errors the United States made before liberating Iraq and during the occupation, we owe no apologies to anybody for deposing Saddam and midwifing a new democracy in Iraq.

-tdr

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home